Saturday, April 26, 2014

The Joys of Lucky Bamboo

     As of a April 16th, I've acquired "Lucky Bamboo" from a student organization event on my campus. Sounds exotic doesn't it? It also sounds gimmicky though, which is a little depressing to my soul. Sadly, these types of serendipitous things get me though; I find things like this so beyondly fascinating. These things make life full of wonder & mystery! I'm all about that life.

    I'm going to share the variety of joys & wonders of this beautiful, mysterious plant.

  • Lucky Bamboo just needs the very basic care to thrive, which is marvelous (for a lot of people, that can't keep the simplest organism alive)
  • Lucky Bamboo... isn't really Bamboo (unfortunately),it's part of the Lily Family (I like Lily's too, I'll accept that), because it's Dracaena Sanderiana - Dracaena's are part of this family, and are actually from West Africa
  • They are dubbed their name because they look distinctly like Bamboo. The Chinese have associated Bamboo with good fortune, fortitude, and resilience.
  • This plant is the perfect harmony of the five elements of Feng Shui coming together as one - Earth, Water, Fire, Wood, & Metal. The vertical stalks are Wood. The plant is placed in Water. Small coins or ornaments are used as the Metal. Rocks or Pebbles represent the Earth. Any shade of red that can be added stands for Fire.
  • You can place this arrangement in your house, office, or any spot to keep positive energy flowing through the area and ridding of the negative energies; as Feng Shui insists.
  • The legend of symbolizing is a as follows:
    - 2 stalks: Love
    - 3 stalks: Happiness (Fu [happiness]) (Lu [wealth]) (Soh [longevity])
    - 5 stalks: Wealth
    - 7 stalks: Wealth & Happiness
    - 8 stalks: Growth
    - 9 stalks: General Good Fortune
    - 10 stalks: Completion and Perfection
    - 21 stalks: Abundant Blessings

     I think these types of concepts and items are so necessary in life. Even if you are skeptical about the meanings and the serendipitous of it, what's the harm in maybe having good fortune, and happiness, or blessings? Plus it looks beautiful, and it having such a brilliant meaning, gives it that much more peregrine.  It's increasingly hard to try and put how much respect and magnificence I have towards things like this; really, it just brings happiness and wonder into my life, and I hope it does the same for you.

Lets hope it brings me enough luck to acquire more Lucky Bamboo in my future. 

Sincerely,
A Dreaming Dietitian

Sources:
http://www.organicgardening.com/learn-and-grow/growing-lucky-bamboo
http://www.lucky-bamboo.org/lucky-bamboo-meaning.html

No comments:

Post a Comment