Monday, December 9, 2013

A Nice Surprise

Hello everyone!

As I've mentioned before, I love to stay fit and active. By deduction, this means that I go to the gym at least 3 times a week, doing an workouts the other days, and playing sports recreationally all in between. I've been going to the gym at U of M for over 3 years now, and in that amount of time you tend to meet all kinds of people, acquaintances, and eventually friends. You get this feeling as if the gym is your home, like you own a piece of it, because you've gone there so many days; put in countless amounts of work; and hours upon hours of dedication. Really, you acquire this huge sense of pride, that feels great; and makes you feel like a veteran.
     Now, today was no different, I was going about my usual routine and about to go to the gym, but I ended up in our student loft for a quick visit. I got distracted by a friend of mine named Stephanie Myers, and she was starving, so we were going to see if anyone else wanted to go on a food adventure. However, one person from our usual group was sick, and the other (Stephanie Bruma) was at the gym with one of her sorority sisters. So, this adventure fell through, and Myers eventually satisfied her cravings and found food else where. I proceeded to the gym as per schedule. It was such a grand surprise to learn that Stephanie Bruma was at the gym and putting in work. I love seeing new people at the gym, as a health addict, it gives me such happiness! She's dedicated to making this a routine and to keep coming too. Some of her other sisters eventually came too, and it was really fun working out with them. They're hysterical and they have so much energy; really it's just a good time.
     To see new people going to the gym, and showing the effort to change for the better and to be healthier, restores my faith in humanity a little bit. Nowadays, people are lazy or just don't care about their health, and they wonder why they have health problems related to diet. It's astounding how dense some people can be or how hypocritical they can be. It's frustrating beyond sin, and you just want to give them a good slap of reality. If people just went put in the effort in the beginning, it wouldn't feel like a chore, and it would be second nature and a habit; just something they didn't have to think about, ya know? It's refreshing to see people actually do that; it just brings a smile to a Nutritionist's face.

Sincerely,
A Dreaming Dietitian

No comments:

Post a Comment