When you lose power, at first you're like, "Yeah! This is cool!", because you have to walk around in the dark, find candles, you know figure things out; which is kind of fun. Then, after about an hour, it becomes annoying, a hassle, and most of all, boring. No t.v., no internet, devices only have so long until they die. It's kind of funny really, even though you are well aware the power's out, you unknowingly still try a switch, or the microwave, because it's second nature - you don't even think twice about it. Then you realize, "Oh, that doesn't work, I forgot.".
When people realize that their microwave, griddle, or stove is no longer functioning; freak-out mode is now a-go. Desperity is now upon them. This is no longer fun, this is about survival. I'll admit, I too, was going into survival mode for a second. Then my Nutrition instincts took over, and I realized that this is how people should eat. Confused?
Think about it... How did people eat before griddles, ovens, or microwaves? They ate fresh food; raw fruits, vegatables, & grains. In short - people actually ate real food. It's hard to imagine, I know. Microwaves literally destroy the nutrients in your food; Heat reduces the nutrients in the food. All of this man-made technology makes everything easier, yes, but it also, and ironically, is making everything worse. It's contributing to all of the health problems that our country is facing today! When you don't do anything to your food, and you eat it how it was made to be eaten, (in it's most natural form), then you will get the nutrients you need, and not the lack of. You know which foods are good and bad for you, and only you can decide what to consume. It's your health, why wouldn't you take the best care of it possible? Whilst, avoiding hefty medical bills, undesirable health problems, and terrible moods. I can't tell you enough how much better, actual food is! Taste-wise and health-wise! You will feel so much better in a whole spectrum of ways if you eat right, and get the nutrients your body needs. Physically, mentally, emotionally - all of them are covered by proper Nutrition. Many things are cured and taken care of by proper nutrition, and without the array of chemicals processed food puts into your body. It is so easy to eat right once you take a step back and look at things. People always look at everything all at once, and it can be overwhelming. If you take the process piece by piece it's extremely simple! Just step back and breathe.
As my power's been out, it's forced me to eat healthy food, because I can't ruin them by putting them in something like a microwave. Whole-grain PB&J's, with natural mixed berry jelly, and all natural peanut-butter - the best thing in the world, lemme tell ya! Delicious! To be honest, besides my wifi and connection to all my people being out, this hasn't been so bad. With it, I've came to an important realization, that I can share with everyone else.
Living Healthy & helping others live healthy is what I love, and my quest. I'm glad that even my troubles move me forward towards success.
A Dreaming Dietitian
No comments:
Post a Comment