I'm sure that everyone is tiresome of my life events, so I'm going to post something actually useful. I am a person that loves Nutrition, Biology, & Chemistry. Naturally, you would presume that I would demonstrate that in my life in some way. I have pets, a fish tank, made a Nutrition Organization, and I also love to raise plants; of all types. I love to grow anything that provides benefit; fruits, vegetables, herbs, and medicinal plants. It's awesome to see plants germinate, grow, and the yielding of maturation. It's such a great feeling when you raise something and it provides something free, that you don't have to buy. It kind of sounds silly, but puts such a smile on my face.

With that being said, I hate to waste food. When I cook eggs, I keep the eggshells; when I eat bananas, I keep the peels; when I eat bell peppers, I keep the stems and cores. I chop everything up, and put them all in the soil. However, recently, I had a lot of vegetables & other things in the fridge, and we also had a terrible ice storm that took out our power for three days. You all can imagine that everything in it went bad or at least was not good enough to eat. I took all this stuff tonight, and put it in my Ninja Blender (which is absolutely amazing, by the way!!) and basically made a 'Super Food' type paste for my plants. Think about it for a second.. there are still nutrients in all of these vegetables, the food just doesn't taste good enough for
you to eat. Most people would just throw it away, but it can be put to such good use for your other plants! Why not provide your plants with a grand amount of nutrients?? It's basically liquid compost. not only do I want myself, and others to have great nutrition, I also want the live organisms I take care of to live perfect nutrition too.
This was the first time I've ever made a paste before, but it worked out very well and I was very satisfied with it! With everything I put it in it, I ended up making about 64 ounces, or about 8 glasses. I poured it around the soil of all my plants and stirred it in.
How to compile easy food scraps:
- Keep banana peels
- Keep Peppers cores and stems
- Keep eggshells
- Keep older food
- Keep basic table scraps (Nothing mixed in)
How to store:
- Keep them in a plastic bag
- Put them all in one place
- Make sure it's covered because fruit flies will gather
- Outside if you'd like
.
All organisms should get the best nutrition, no matter where they lie on the totem pole in life; and nothing that can be consumed or used should be wasted. I will always do everything I can to accomplish these two things, and empower & educate others to do the same.
Sincerely,
A Dreaming Dietitian
No comments:
Post a Comment