Friday, December 6, 2013

A Healthy Introduction

     By this time you've noticed that I've dubbed this blog, "Nutrition Secrets"; first before you witness my frequent rants, nutrition ideas, & Dietetic dreams, I will share some things about myself. (I love telling people about myself, it helps people relate to me and vice versa; I like to tell people what I'm all about. I feel like everyone likes to talk about themselves, not because everyone is vain, but because they like for other people to learn about them. Granted, everyone is a little bit vain here and there, myself included.) 
      Currently, I am a junior at the University of Michigan-Flint, and my declared major here is Health Sciences. However, my field of choice is Dietetics/Nutrition, the Flint campus doesn't have a Nutrition or Dietetics program. The Ann Arbor campus has a Master's Program in Dietetics, in which I plan to pursue after I complete my undergraduate. I have tried to encourage and push the start of an actual Nutrition program here, however, higher influences turned it down, due to the lack of interest in our area, and how much influence it would need to be pushed through the system. Besides the fact that I will be gone by the time it would actually be started. That didn't matter, because I thought that the future students would enjoy such a program. So, instead of creating an actual program, I started my own organization on campus, called "The Nutrition Organization", of which I am President & Founder of. I couldn't be more proud, on the day that we were official, on September 9th, 2013. It's been a lot more work than I thought it would be; I can handle it, it just feels like I don't want to do anything sometimes, but I have such a high interest and passion for it. Anywhoozer, I am also in Greek Life, or as some people know it as - a fraternity. I am part of the Kappa Sigma Fraternity, and joining Greek Life has been, easily, one of my best collegiate decisions I've ever made. You get opportunities that you never would else where, meet people that you will have an ever lasting bond with, go to leadership conferences and meet other Greeks from around the country - possibly the world, and join something that is much bigger than yourself. It's taught me many, many life lessons, and gave me attributes I can use throughout life. I almost live by the quote, "No matter the letter, we're all Greek together." 
     I am employed on campus, at the job I've been at for almost a year and half now. The pay is nothing to write home about, but it covers what I need. I work for Event & Building Services, as a set-up worker. There are some perks though, which makes it a little more doable. I am a very extrovert person, as according to my Myers-Briggs 'ESFJ'; I like to talk; I'm picky about some things, especially food; I am a very excellent friend to people, especially to a significant other; and I am a great athlete & am physically fit. I love any activity that will challenge my physical ability, because overall, I excel. Have you ever thought that there are so many things about yourself, that you want to tell people but you just can't remember everything? That's what's just occurred to me, and I've also realized I'm sounding like I'm 'tooting my own horn' now. ,', I will conclude here.
     I'll just give a brief summary of my past and background. I graduated Kearsley High School in 2011. I went to the Kearsley district my whole life. thus my school colors have always been blue & gold. Woop! Woop! Go blue! As for myself, I am 50% Irish and a mix of a lot of other things. I have a lot of pride in my heritage and where my family comes from. We are from Cork, Ireland. I made a family tradition about 5 years ago (Wow, time flies!) and we do it every year. I played soccer for about 12 years, and haven't played it in quite a while now though. I still love it to death, however. One of my favorite times, every 4 years, is the FIFA World Cup. BRAZIL! Hmm, what else... I HATE the cold, and colds, mean people, slow people, and hipocrits especially. I love Shamrock shakes, and will get one every day their out. I love Skittles, Starbursts, Coca-Cola (I know, unhealthy), cooking, being healthy, staying fit, athletic activities, my fraternity, Greek Life, my friends, and my mother, especially. My favorite number & lucky number is 7. My sign is Virgo, and my birthstone is the light, green Peridot. My Chinese symbol is the Rooster; my favorite color is blue; I'm a picture-holic. Every picture is a frozen memory to me, and I love to reminisce. 
     This is all I can remember, at least for now. I feel like I've told the basics about myself anyways. All of my posts won't be this long, but this one was important, I think. People should know who they're reading about, ya know? I hope you enjoyed learning about myself in my first post. Now that this is done, the real blogging adventure begins!

                                                                                                                                                                                                           Sincerely,
                                                                                A Dreaming Dietitian

No comments:

Post a Comment