Saturday, December 7, 2013

At The Vet

     So, today, my mom woke me up this morning (not MY morning, mind you) and she wanted to take our cat to the vet because of a little flee problem we've been having lately. Anyways, as I was sitting to leave, I noticed they had a scale to weigh your lovable, furry friend on. On the platform, it said "Weigh less, live longer!". I don't know why, but when I read that, it made me think a lot; and it made me think of nutrition, and eating right.
     When people eat right, their body will appreciate it. You'll be rewarded by living longer and living problem-free, for the most part. At least without problems related to diet. When I was looking for an advisor for my organization, the one I found; her name is Marilyn Harvey. She gave me a copy of an article about the telomeres on the end of your chromosome. It explained that when you exercise, they extend more and more, which helps you live longer.
     The thing about this subliminal message on the scale, is that people don't think twice about it, or deep enough. If they did, of course society would be a better place. Unfortunately, things aren't that easy in the world we live in. People are too stubborn, or don't want to exert the energy to eat right. If they did though, they would see how rewarding it actually is, and how much better life would be for them.
     So, to conclude, I guess the message should be: "Weigh less, live longer, *& be happier".

Sincerely,
A Dreaming Dietitian

No comments:

Post a Comment