Wednesday, December 25, 2013

The Christmas Day Adventure

     Today is CHRISTMAS. Woop Woop! Who doesn't love Christmas?! It's one of the greatest holidays of the year! People exchange gifts, make lots of food, and hang out with their family. People get new things, and are excited about extra money maybe. You exchange stories with your family, and have lots of laughs. It's definitely a great day all the way around!
     Every year, we usually have it at my house, however, this year it was at my grandparents house. Mind you, my grandparents house is two hours away in Harrison. THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE. NO wifi, middle of nowhere, NO tv; it's a horrid place. My cousin, Brent suggested that we drive together, and I was like, okay that's acceptable. We started by driving through a snow storm. Mind you, I hate driving in the winter at any time, because I had two close calls last year. Honestly, I'm very surprised I'm still alive to this day. I boldly accepted the challenge, and started driving. Of course, a blizzard started as soon as we started out. We were talking along the way, so it made it a little bit better. We eventually got there, after sitting for two hours and being nervous. The rest of my family got there, and we started conversating; the obnoxious laughing started; the inappropriate stories and comments; you know, the usual family time. We then proceeded to give out gifts. We hand out gifts for particular people, then we play the game where we pick a number, pick a gift from the pile. We used to play where you can steal another person's gift, but that got too cut-throat in mi familia, so now we voluntarily trade if we want to.
     I ended up getting a $25 Barnes & Noble gift card. Most of the gifts were gift cards or money, because we don't want anyone to be unsatisfied. Side note, my cousin also brought his puppy, and it's the coolest dog ever. Anyways, next was dinner. There was all the usuals, ham, potatoes, etc. It's great, and a home-cooked meal. Gotta love it. This kind of sounds like a repeat from my last post, but come on... it's Christmas day! We sat down, and exchanged stories and comments once more, and finally, I set the tone, and started to get up to leave. You see, how our family works, is when one person sets the tone to leave, the rest follow. We say our goodbyes, and now we're on the road againnn. The way back was a lot easier. At first we hit another storm, but after we got passed it, the roads were clear. We talked a lot more on the way back, and it was great actually. I finally dropped him off, and said my goodbyes to my uncles and cousins, and drive home. I am so incredibly tired from the whole day and from driving a 4 hour roundtrip. It was nice to see family though, and to spend time with them.

     I know this one isn't long, or maybe it's even bland, but I had to write about Christmas day, on Christmas day. I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas day, and spent time with family, and that their Christmas was everything they wanted it to be.

Sincerely,
A Dreaming Dietitian

No comments:

Post a Comment